Streaming Sax Rohmer's The Castle of Fu Manchu Online

Sax Rohmer's The Castle of Fu Manchu (1969)Sax Rohmer's The Castle of Fu Manchu (1969)iMDB Rating: 2.6
Date Released : 20 July 1972
Genre : Adventure, Crime, Horror, Sci-Fi
Stars : Christopher Lee, Richard Greene, Howard Marion-Crawford, Günther Stoll
Movie Quality : BRrip
Format : MKV
Size : 870 MB

Download Trailer Subtitle

The evil mastermind Fu Manchu plots his latest scheme to basically freeze over the Earth's oceans with his diabolical new device. Opposing him is his arch-nemesis, Interpol's very British Dr. Nayland Smith.

Watch Sax Rohmer's The Castle of Fu Manchu Trailer :

Review :

Hey, I liked it!

I really feel very out of step with regards to this one because scanning through the other IMDb reviews it became quite obvious that everybody else hated it! I don't really understand the universal dislike though, as this one really didn't seem to warrant this level of abuse. Don't get me wrong, it has problems. The script being a pretty obvious one. The story was very difficult to comprehend. It involved the master criminal Fu Manchu devising a method of turning the oceans into ice by using opium or something. And by way of this he would take over the world. Okay, whatever you say! Yeah, so admittedly, the narrative is a bit senseless.

But the thing is, I've seen a lot of Jess Franco movies and I thought this was quite coherent by his standards! In fact, it was from a period in Franco's career where he had more production value at his disposal, so again when people say this is ultra-cheap, I'm thinking it's quite big budget for Jess. I mean, he has even managed to hire Christopher Lee for the title role – I thought he was pretty imposing and well suited to the character to be fair. We also have Rosalba Neri as a gangster chick and she is always worth watching, so again, this is a good thing. Even the blatant lifts from other movies were entertaining enough, such as the whole opening scene that utilises scenes taken wholesale from A Night to Remember. Maybe the pacing could have been better perhaps but this is a constant Franco fault and in here it's no worse than usual. But overall, the film, while being often senseless, did have enough action and Euro cult value to keep me watching. Ultimately, I am probably the idiot for liking this but I guess I'll just have to live with that.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment